Responsible and Sustainable Sourcing
We have a strong commitment to ethical business practices; protecting the environment; and treating people with dignity, respect and equal opportunity. We expect the same commitment from business partners and have developed several policies and other documents to clarify how we are working to ensure thriving communities throughout our value chain.
- Our Business Partner Code of Conduct details our expectations for our partners regarding human rights and labor, health and safety, the environment and business conduct and ethics.
- Our Responsible and Sustainable Source Policy translates our BPCoC into specific requirements for our suppliers. It is accompanied by three standards:
- Our Responsible Sourcing Standard sets out detailed requirements for the responsible sourcing of all materials, products and services.
- Our Sustainable Sourcing of Raw Material Standard states our requirements for the sourcing of raw materials of agricultural or mining origin, in addition to material-specific requirements.
- Our Carbon Reduction in our Supply Chain Standard describes detailed requirements for select suppliers to reduce their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and support our 2030 science-based targets and our 2050 commitment to net zero greenhouse gas emissions.
- Our Environmental Policy details our principles for minimizing environmental impacts across our value chain.
- Our Human Rights Commitment explains our commitment to protecting people’s dignity within our company, supply chain and communities.
- Our Freedom of Association Policy states our belief that workers at Clorox and our business partners have the right to freely associate.
- Our California Transparency in Supply Chains Act Disclosure and Modern Slavery & Supply Transparency Statement describe various programs to manage the risks of slavery and trafficking throughout the Clorox supply chain.
- Our SEC Conflict Minerals Disclosure report provides information on our few products that contain ingredients specified in rules regulating minerals with the potential to support conflict.
For more information on our responsible and sustainable sourcing efforts — including our efforts related to supply chain auditing, conflict minerals, fiber and palm oil — please visit our Responsible and Sustainable Sourcing page.