This information may be updated from time to time.
You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
- Types of Information We Collect
- How We Use and Process Information
- How We Share Information
- Your Choices
- How We Protect and Retain Information
- Other Important Information
- Contact Information
- Additional Information for California Residents
- Additional Jurisdiction-Specific Information
- Additional Information for Job Applicants
Types of Information We Collect
We collect information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you interact with us and our products and services, including through our websites, social media pages, online and mobiles services, applications and advertisements. Some of the information we collect includes personal information that can be used to identify you. The following provides an overview of the types of information we collect from various sources. For details about the information (including non-exhaustive examples) we collect and how we use that information, you can read more on the Types of Information We Collect page.
- Information You Provide to Us. We collect information that you provide to us directly, such as when you register for an account, subscribe to receive our communications, enter contests or sweepstakes, make purchases, contact us with questions or comments, apply for a job, or participate in our online forums, promotions and social media platforms.
- Device Information. We use technologies to collect information from your devices (computers, mobile phones, tablets, etc.) when you visit our websites or download and use our mobile applications. This information could include your IP address, device advertising ID, information about your device’s/browser’s operating system, how you use the application or device, and your physical location.
- Location Information. Some of our websites may collect information about your general location, such as your ZIP code or address, in order to locate stores that sell our products or provide other location-related services.
- Information from Other Sources. In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, such as our business partners, our affiliates, publicly available sources, or social networks in which you participate. For example, we collect certain information that is posted on social media sites, blogs and other websites.
How We Use and Process Information
- To provide you access to our websites and applications, including to service your accounts and maintain the security of your accounts.
- To provide you with products and services, including to complete transactions you have requested or fulfill orders you have placed.
- To respond to or communicate with you, including to follow-up on your comments, reviews, inquiries and other requests; to communicate with you about contests, sweepstakes, loyalty or rewards programs, coupons, rebates, promotions or other matters which you have entered or joined or for which you have requested information; and to communicate with you about your account.
- For marketing and advertising, including to send advertising or marketing communications about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events, and provide news and information that we believe may be of interest to you.
- For analytics, including to conduct research and analysis related to our businesses, websites, products and services, including combining information we collect to identify other potential customers (e.g., “look alike” customers).
- To personalize your experience with us, including to tailor our products and services to your usage or preferences.
- To maintain interactive features, including to implement social networking features you have activated; and to publish your reviews, comments, photos, videos and other content you have posted to one of our interactive or user-generated features.
- For business purposes, including to operate and improve our business and business activities; to manage our relationships; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose permitted by law.
- For such other purposes as you may consent (from time to time).
- For legal and safety purposes, including to defend or protect us, you, our customers, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; maintain the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
To the extent we maintain and use personal information in a deidentified form, we will not attempt to reidentify the information, except for the purpose of determining whether our deidentification processes satisfy our legal obligations.
How We Share Information
- Corporate Transaction. We may disclose your information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, including at the negotiation stage.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with business partners, such as a third-party intermediary to comply with your request for the shipment of products or the provision of services.
- Advertising Vendors. We may share your information with third parties that support our advertising and marketing efforts, including for purposes of behavioral advertising.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers who perform services on our behalf. Among other things, service providers may help us to administer our website, assist or support our business operations (including customer service providers, loyalty program administrators, product review hosts, and surveys administrators), provide technical support and information technology and security programs, conduct research and analysis, process payments, assist in the management and fulfillment of orders, assist with fraud prevention, detection, and mitigation, and provide marketing and data analytics.
- Legal Process. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, to comply with relevant laws, or to respond to requests from public and government authorities. We may also share your information in order to enforce our terms and conditions, to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates.
- Public. We may offer community features and public interactive forums through our websites, such as discussion boards, product reviews, chat rooms, forums, wikis, social networking platforms and blogs. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
- Wedding, Baby, and/or Gift Registry. Some of our websites provide the opportunity to create public registries where you can indicate to others what types of products you might be interested in receiving. The information that you provide about your event (e.g., name, date, location, etc.) as part of a public registry may be publicly available to permit your guests to search for your registry. In some cases, we may provide you with options to restrict the extent to which that information will be made available to the public. We may also share your information with third-party wedding and gift registry portal sites. Among other things this provides your guests with additional means of finding your registry and coordinating gifts.
Depending on your state and country of residence, you can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access to Your Personal Information. You may request confirmation on whether we are processing your personal information and request access to the personal information that we have about you, including related information, or a copy of that information, by following the instructions described in the Contact Information section below. In certain circumstances, you may request portability of your personal information. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you.
- Changes to Your Personal Information. You may request your personal information be corrected. Note that we rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Most of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, contact us by following the instructions described in the Contact Information section below.
- Deletion of Your Personal Information. You may request that we delete your personal information by following the instructions described in the Contact Information section below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in certain situations, we may be required or permitted by law to keep your personal information.
- Objection to Certain Processing. In some circumstances, you may object to our processing of your personal information by following the instructions described in the Contact Information section below.
- Restriction of Processing. In certain limited circumstances, you may request that we restrict processing your personal information by following the instructions described in the Contact Information section below.
- Revocation of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by following the instructions described in the Contact Information section below.
- Do Not Track (“DNT”) Feature. We do not currently recognize the “Do Not Track” signal.
- Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising/Sharing. You may opt-out of the processing of your personal information for targeted advertising/sharing of your personal information for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising. To opt-out, please click the “Your Privacy Choices” link on the applicable homepage. We also recognize Global Privacy Control (GPC) signals and other user-enabled opt-out preference signals as valid opt-out requests where required by applicable law. Please note that your opt-out preference signal will be applied only to your current browser and device. To learn more about the GPC, you can visit its website here.
In some cases, we may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. We do not discriminate against individuals who exercise their privacy rights under applicable law. If we deny or fail to take action on your request, you may appeal our decision by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Appeal.”
Please note that to protect your information we must be able to verify your identity before we can process your request to exercise any of the foregoing privacy rights. We may conduct the verification process by email or phone, and we may ask you to provide information such as your name, contact information, and any additional relevant information based on your relationship with us.
In some circumstances, certain individuals may designate an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on their behalf. To do so, you must provide that authorized agent written and signed permission to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us. Note that we may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of another person, you must attach a copy of a completed Authorized Agent Designation form indicating that you are able to act on that other person’s behalf.
How We Protect and Retain Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach affecting your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Additionally, we maintain internal governance policies designed to protect your personal information. These governance policies cover topics including, but not limited to, information security, incident response, data subject rights, and record retention and destruction.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, selecting a strong password and constructing a unique password. You are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Other Important Information
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Children. Our websites and online services are not intended for children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 18, without parental consent. Children under the age of 18 should not provide their personal information to us.
- International Data Transfers. As a multi-national company, we transmit information between and among our affiliates. As a result, your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. For example, when we transmit information from Europe to the United States, we rely upon Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European commission for the transfer of data. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our foreign processing policies and arrangements, including attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
- Third-Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own. Any personal information that you provide through third party websites, applications or other means will be governed by the privacy policies applicable to those third parties and mediums.
Additional Information for California Residents
If you are a California resident, you can read more on the Additional California Disclosures page.
Additional Jurisdiction-Specific Information
Some jurisdictions may have additional information available. You can read more on the Additional Jurisdiction-Specific Terms page.
Additional Information for Job Applicants
If you apply for a Job with us, you can read more on the Job Applicant page.
If you would like to exercise applicable privacy rights or understand if those rights apply to you, please follow the instructions below to make your request:
|You are a…
|All U.S. consumer websites
|Visit our Data Subject Request Form to complete and submit a request. Alternatively, you may call us at 855-545-2325.
|All U.S. B2B websites (e.g., www.cloroxpro.com, www.hiddenvalleykitchens.com, etc.)
|Visit our Data Subject Request Form to complete and submit a request. Alternatively, you may call us at 855-545-2325.
|Residents outside of the U.S.
|All consumer websites outside of the U.S.
|Visit our International Data Subject Request Form to complete and submit a request. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com.
|All job applicants
|If you are a job applicant and would like to make a request concerning your Privacy Rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-256-7693.
If you have a question about your privacy rights or otherwise would like to submit a request to exercise such rights, but the options above do not apply to you, please send an email to email@example.com.
Clorox Consumer Services
PO Box 24305,
Oakland, California, 94623-1305
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your government privacy regulator.
Last Updated and Effective Date: December 8, 2023