Working at Clorox
At Clorox, “leadership” isn’t just reserved for those who manage people. It’s a defining attribute each of our professionals brings to their roles regardless of position, level, or experience. For us, it’s all about owning an area of expertise, contributing ideas, and collaborating to spur those ideas into action. This powerful philosophy is part of the reason we continually succeed. As a member of our team, you’ll be supported with the tools and resources you need to realize your own leadership potential. It’s part of our commitment to helping you — and all of our 8,000 employees — achieve more.
Clorox is a truly global company — our continual insights into international markets allow us to collaborate in new ways every day.
Benefits & Perks
Performing at your best comes easily when you’ve got a great system of support. At Clorox, our benefits are designed to enhance your work, and your life. From competitive pay to paid vacation and sick days to an incentive program that rewards you for your contribution to the company’s success, we’re committed to helping you achieve balance and meet your financial goals. And because staying healthy and having fun are as important to us as they are to you, we also offer a wellness program with incentives to incorporate healthy activities into your lifestyle. Rewarding International and U.S. benefits programs are available throughout our locations. For U.S. programs, see below for a sampling of benefits or view our 2019 Clorox Benefits Overview.
We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage and many wellness programs, including:
- Employee Assistance Program for professional counseling services
We offer insurance coverage in a range of areas including life, accidental death and dismemberment, disability, business-travel accident insurance and long-term care.
Employees are automatically enrolled in our 401(k) plan upon hire, meaning you start setting aside part of your pretax income and savings every month. After one year of service, employees are eligible for company contributions, which consist of:
- A company match of employee contributions of up to 4%
- An annual company contribution of 6%
- Investment-advisor services to help employees manage their retirement-plan assets and other aspects of their personal finances to ensure their financial well-being
Some Clorox offices close at 12:30 p.m. on Fridays between Memorial Day and Labor Day to take advantage of fun activities and great weather. What’s not to love about that?
The Clorox Company External Partnerships
Diversity and inclusion is both embraced at Clorox and is a recognized business advantage. We proudly partner with the following organizations and others as part of our recruitment and workplace development efforts.
- National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) NABA is the leader in expanding the influence of minority professionals in the fields of accounting and finance.
- Ascend Pan-Asian Leaders Ascend Pan-Asian Leaders enhances the presence and influence of current and future business leaders of Asian and Pacific Islander decent and serves as a collective voice for those business communities.
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance & Accounting (ALPFA) ALPFA creates opportunities, adds value, and builds relationships for its members, the community and its business partners while expanding Latino leadership in the global workforce.
- National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA) The National Black MBA Association leads in the creation of educational opportunities and economic growth for Blacks.
- National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA) NSHMBA supports Hispanic leadership through graduate management education and professional development in order to improve society.
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) NSBE’s mission is “to increase the number of culturally responsible Black Engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community.”
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) SHPE is the source for quality Hispanic engineers and technical talent.
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) SWE is the driving force that establishes engineering as a highly desirable career aspiration for women.
- Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT) MLT has made groundbreaking progress in developing the next generation of African American, Hispanic, and Native American leaders in major corporations, non-profit organizations, and entrepreneurial ventures.
- Out to Innovate Out to Innovate provides an educational and supportive environment for career development and enrichment for LGBT students, academics, and career professionals in the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields.
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) AISES works to significantly increase American Indian and Alaska Native representation in STEM.
- Service Academy Career Conference (SACC) SAAC is a job fair exclusive to graduates of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in New London and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point.