Skills and Qualifications
Matthew J. Shattock brings significant operational and executive leadership experience in the consumer packaged goods industry to the board. His current and prior leadership roles, including overseeing the successful growth, integration and strategic transformation of a global spirits company as CEO, enable him to provide valuable insights to the company’s business. Shattock has a strong track record of driving growth through innovation, brand communication and operational excellence.Experience Highlights
Beam Suntory Inc., a global premium spirits company
- Non-executive chairman of the board (April 2019 to December 2020)
- Chairman and chief executive officer (April 2014 to April 2019)
- President and chief executive officer, Beam Inc. (October 2011 to April 2014)
- President and chief executive officer, Beam Global Spirits and Wine Inc. (March 2009 to October 2011)
- During his tenure, Shattock led the company’s successful growth strategy transformation and subsequent integration of the Beam and Suntory spirits businesses following Beam’s acquisition by Suntory in 2014.
Cadbury plc, an international confectionary manufacturer
- Regional president, where he led its businesses first in The Americas and then in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region
Unilever plc, an international manufacturer of food, home care and personal care products
- Chief operating officer, Unilever Best Foods North America
- Various leadership roles
Other Public Company Boards
- VF Corporation (February 2013 to present)
- Chairman of Domino’s Pizza Group plc (UK) (March 2020 to present)
- Cooler Screens Inc.
- Tropicale Foods Inc.
- Kendra Scott Design Inc.
- The Boys and Girls Club of Lake County, Illinois
Independent Director Since: 2018