Independent Director Since: 2022
Skills and Qualifications
Julia (Charter) Denman’s operational and risk management leadership as well as her experience in executing transformation strategies enable her to provide valuable perspective on the company’s growth strategy and capital allocation framework as well as important contributions to the board’s oversight of risk and compliance. She also brings deep financial and accounting expertise, having served as divisional chief financial officer of a publicly traded company as well as highly relevant knowledge of the consumer packaged goods industry.
Microsoft Corporation , a global technology company
- Corporate vice president and head of internal audit, enterprise risk and compliance (December 2019 to present)
- Leading a team that provides independent and objective assessments of the company’s business strategies and operations, oversight of its governance, and strategy for global risk management and compliance and leading investigations related to business conduct.
- Corporate vice president and chief financial officer of worldwide marketing and consumer business (August 2016 to November 2019)
- Corporate vice president and chief financial officer of devices business
The Procter & Gamble Company, a global consumer goods company
- Various leadership roles, including assistant treasurer and divisional finance director
- During her 20-year tenure, oversaw the most strategic and central elements of treasury, including capital markets, cash management and risk management; developed product and marketing innovation strategies and cost-savings initiatives, resulting in higher profits; and led the turnaround of a $3 billion division