Through cause marketing campaigns, we make cash donations to nonprofit organizations in support of causes that are consistent with our brands’ purposes. Whether it’s funding for educational campaigns to promote public health or to groups committed to causes such as animal welfare and STEM education, cause marketing is a way to do well by doing good.
During the 2017 fiscal year, we made $1.1 million in cash donations to support initiatives including the following:
- • The Clorox Safe Water Project, providing people in rural Peru with access to clean water.
- • The Burt’s Bees Bring Back the Bees campaign, which returned in 2017 to double its impact and plant 2 billion wildflowers.
- • A program from Brita Canada that helped provide cleaner drinking water for an entire community in Kenya — over 40,000 people this year — impacting not only their health but also their education since many young girls who had been responsible for retrieving water for their families are now able to attend school.
- • DonorsChoose.org, a program from our Clorox brand that helped teachers prepare for back-to-school.
- • Improved diet and nutrition programs through the Partnership for a Healthier America, supported by our Brita and Hidden Valley brands.
- • Anti-cyberbullying initiatives from our Brita brand.
- • Efforts to promote cat adoption supported by our Fresh Step brand.