We make and market our products around the world. Roll over a region to learn more about our brands and business there.
U.S. & Canada
- Clorox® has administrative and production facilities in about 20 U.S. states.
- The Clorox Company's corporate headquarters are located in Oakland, California.
- The Clorox Company of Canada, Ltd., was formed in 1972.
- In 1995, Clorox Canada acquired Brita® and introduced new products under the Pine-Sol®, S.O.S® and Hidden Valley® brands.
- Clorox Canada's head office is located in Brampton, Ontario.
Mexico, Central America and Caribbean
- Clorox Mexico began in 1981 by acquiring 49 percent of Industrias Lesedo.
- We have more than 200 employees in Mexico.
- Clorox Panama began in May 1995 with the acquisition of Mistolín de Panama®.
- Mistolín® cleaners were first introduced to Venezuela in 1967, and today, the brand is No. 1 in its category.
- Clorox® entered Peru in 1995 with the acquisition of Ceras Emperatriz, a leading floor wax company.
- In the late 1990s, Clorox® acquired more than 25 cleaning companies to establish a stronger presence in Latin America.
- Clorinda® is Chile's second-leading bleach brand.
- In 1973, Clorox® acquired its first company outside of North America — Country Kitchen Foods Limited, a mushroom producer in England (divested in 1979).
- Clorox® bleach debuted in the Central European country of Slovenia in 1995.
- Today, Burt's Bees® products can be found in nearly 20 European countries.
- Clorox® has been a household name in the Middle East for more than 50 years.
- Clorox® entered the Saudi market in 1956 through a partnership with the Abudawood Brothers.
- During our early days in the region, consumers in Saudi Arabia called the product "wash medicine," as there was no name for bleach in the area at the time.
- Clorox® opened its Dubai office in 1996.
- Today, Clorox® bleach has nearly a 90 percent market share in Saudi Arabia.
- Clorox® owns 49 percent of its Tenth of Ramadan, Egypt, plant through a joint-venture agreement with the Household Cleaning Product Company.
- Clorox® first established a sales office in South Africa in the early 1970s.
- In the late 1990s, Clorox® began making Glad® bags and wraps in Babelegi, South Africa.
- Clorox® first entered China in 1992 with a regional office in Hong Kong.
- Glad® wraps lead the market with about 60 percent share in southern China.
- Clorox® has a one-person Marketing office in Tokyo, Japan.
- Prestone® brake fluid is No. 1 in the Philippines.
- Clorox® has a joint venture in South Korea called Yuhan-Clorox Co., Ltd.
Australia and New Zealand
- Clorox® Australia's head offices are located in Padstow.
- Clorox® has many No. 1 brands in Australia, including Chux® cloths, sponges and scourers; Glad® bags and wraps; and Handy Andy® floor cleaners.
- Clorox® first entered the New Zealand market in 1999 with the merger of the First Brands Corporation.
- Our Aukland, New Zealand, site has been making Mono® and Rota® products since the 1950s.